Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Friday 6 July 2012

knitting frenzy

to keep warm and my hands busy these school holidays, I have been frantically knitting! Just finished my vest knitted in 4 ply Misti Alpaca. Gorgeous to knit with, it used less wool than the pattern said - I am a loose knitter though and do tend to go down needle sizes with all patterns now. Enough wool left over to knit some socks - i have a horde of sock wool! very pleased with the vest and found some vintage buttons from my aunt's collection - she gave me all her patterns/ cotton (wooden reels!)/ notions/rickrack etc last year!
Pleased I taught myself the lacey bottom pattern - quite easy!

When I was sick with strep throat a couple of weeks back, I attempted to learn cable stitch - found it easy BUT am so cack handed I did a beautiful cable of the wrong side of the work! It was a cowl and I still do like it and will wear it both sides - hee hee. Will attempt another one again another day!

i have spent $100 on wool this week - yikes! Finished and started a slouchy hat for the youngest - thrilled with it too - 2nd only hat i have ever knitted and I am hooked! Will make them for gifts mostly - as my middle child says, we have enough knitted hats to give to a class of kids! He is off on a big scout camp next weekend, so we have woollen socks, hats and jerseys stockpiled. He is only allowed wool and polyprop items. I still have not finished his jersey - need to get to another shop to get particular wool!

I am now starting a simple jersey for a soon to be one year old in Sweden.

I was up in the attic before and discovered hot water bottle covers I had knitted a few years ago - I love them! Don't think I found them for last winter! Wish I knew where the pattern was. Also found my dog door stopper- he still needs eyes! This was knitted years ago too!

what craft has everyone been doing lately?

Husband has gone overseas for 2 weeks for work - I am not a fan of solo parenting and find dinners the worst as he does a lot of cooking - I bake lots, but he cooks more! Have worked out a menu for several days with the kids, so that is a start! Also need to keep myself motivated to take them places! I can get a bit slack over holidays as need a total break myself! We are all home body's too.....
We are booked to go away for a few days, so that will be a break out of the city!









hope everyone is coping with the hols - at least we have had gorgeous weather for once!

No comments:

Post a Comment