Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Tuesday 6 December 2016

Cousins' 24 day Christmas Swap - Days 1 to 5

My cousin Jackie and I decided to do an Advent Christmas swap with each other. I'm in the North Island and she lives in the South Island. The rules were a little gift for 24 days and the total cost of the package had to not exceed $60 (not including postage). So we each got scheming and making and boxes duly arrived at our houses...


This is what I sent




Days 1 to 5 -


Day one, of which I forgot to take a photo, was of shortbread I baked.









This is what arrived at my house....



 Day one - a conference bag which Jackie re-used and stitched - how cool is this?!?! What a great idea!
 Day 2 was my birthday - I cracked up at the muesli - I did get breakfast in bed!
Day 3
Oh this is amazing! I just laughed y head off! Oh YES - I DO keep New Zealand post in business...

Day 4 -
I can never, ever have enough of Lily Sugar-n-cream cotton!

And Day 5 -
All ready in my pencil case for next year's university papers.


It is really cool waking up to cute and useful little gifts each morning!






3 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday.
    Cool idea. The stitched bag is lovely. Some planning ahead must have been required...will store the idea for another year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. You're going to be busy opening gifts for well over a month with the advent swap and the Twelve Days of Christmas swap too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you and your cousin are doing such a fun thing!! I have some knitting friends in real life and we have the best Christmas exchange ever :)

    ReplyDelete