Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Friday 13 January 2017

Rotorua


















OH! I am so angry at the landlord of the neighbours who has just cut over half the height of OUR hedge - the hedge is on our boundary, and even though we have showed her legal proof, she has done what she wanted to. We have told her she is never touching it again - she wants a fence now. We don't (I think hedges are so much nicer, fences need upkeep etc) and it is un-necessary and a total waste of money when not needed!

I'm walking around the house grumpy - I loved my sanctuary of my backyard - we are so close to a very, very busy road, so this hedge gave us a bit of privacy from all the traffic etc

Anyway, I'll get over it, but be grumpy for days now.

These photos were taken in the lovely city of Rotorua - I really do love it there (most of the time - not the July trip last year when a major accommodation bungle occurred) and we had a couple of great days there over New Years Eve. An easy to walk around or cycle city (we took our bikes down and cycled all over the place). These photos were taken in the Government Gardens - the stunning building at the back housed the Rotorua Museum (which was great) until the earthquake in November last year...

Always a neat place to go for a weekend - a ton of stuff to do in Rotorua with or without kids!
You do get used to the rotten egg smell (all the thermal activity which is very cool!).

6 comments:

  1. A neighbour cut a tree down that shaded our patio, it could just have been trimmed back, I will say it was their tree, but the previous neighbour was most considerate, these don't think. I grump about it every summer.
    Christy
    Lilbitbrit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos of Rotorua. We were there a few years ago. Very pretty place. Got a photo in nearly the same place as you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name Rotorua, and it is good to see that it is a lovely place as well as a lovely name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have every right to scream about your hedge. If your privacy is gone I can imagine just how angry you are. I hope it never happens again.
    Lovely photos of Rotorua. So much to do there and I even like the smell

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cheek, I'd be really angry too, I do like my privacy. The museum building is beautiful, I do hope it can be restored and the damage after the earthquake put right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed looking at pic of Rotorua. A brief description woiuld have made it even more enjoyable for those of us who have no idea what we are looking at. I enjoy learning new things about different countries. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete